-->

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Fear of Flying

Ten minutes from landing at KLIA, I picked up the copy of New Straits Times that, distracted and nervous from the turbulence, I had set aside earlier. Just to flip through. My eyes settled on an article about the MPH Breakfast Club for Litbloggers series: and there was my name and the name of my novel-in-progress. It startled me, in a way that seeing my name in print never has before: that on that same plane with me were people who had possibly also read the same, and had no idea, no idea, that I was there with them.

I hope the photos I took were burned into that CD properly. If they are, I'll blog them soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Kenny Mah said...

Wouldn't it be weird though, if they came up to you, in the midair, and asked you for an autograph?

Actually, that would be really cool, come to think of it.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Sharanya Manivannan said...

Kenny -- Heh. As long as no one takes snaps of me sleepless with phobia, wearing my specs and cranky -- if you're ever flying with someone who kinda looks like me only really nervous, muttering prayers and obviously not giving a toss what she looks like as long as she lands in one piece, it's probably me!

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home