-->

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Good Luck, Nanowrimers!

Have a healthy, fun and productive Nanowrimo to everyone who's attempting it.

I won't be, because I'm chickenshit. But I've resolved that for every single day this month I will write something not work-related -- whether its a passage for my novel, a haiku, a 55 Fic, a poem or two lines that might be in one, I'll write, goddamnit! Anyone who cares, please bug me about it. I need the discipline, and I'll thank you for it.

Update 8pm: I thought I would write a little of a story I wanted to start on, I really did. Then I figured I needed to conceptualize it first. Or read some related research. I didn't do any of these things. So here's my 55 Fic of the day.

Everywhere in the world today, other writers begin hunching over their keyboards, their notebooks. They are busy. They are good and willful and purposeful. I eat tuna and drink tea all day. I procastinate. I am a writer who cannot write. Is that like a waitress who cannot wait, or a mermaid who cannot mer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home